Thursday, August 04, 2005

*YAWN*

Sooooooooooo tired today.
Thats what happens when u make yourself a promise to get up extra early to start working out, and TODAY is the day designated as the start day of that promise. Throw in the fact that my friend and roommate was also in on this little deal, so when I think I might want to bail...she comes banging on my door at 5:30 am, yes folks...That's right 5:30 AM!!!!!
Let me tell you, 5:30 comes awfully early when u sit on the phone until almost 1 am with a friend the night before. It was worth every minute of it though. Nice to be able to talk to someone who has had similar experiences in life, same kind of ups and downs...makes u realize that none of us are truly alone in this world. No matter how bad things get, there is always someone with it worse. No matter what has happened, people all over have almost the same exact stories just different players in the game.
So my friend calls, and we chat, and chat and chat...never paying any attention to time...Doesn't
seem like I've been on the phone all night. Then again, the only clock I have in my room is my cell phone and I cant see the time when I'm busy YAK'N! I'm tired and suggest we hang up, but we just keep talkin...ha ha ha
By the time we actually hang up it's 12:30 am and we have been talking for 3 HOURS! WOW!
The long talk made me realize that it has been a long time since I have spent that amount of time on the phone with anyone(other than my kids...of course) and I miss having those kind of chats. So thank you my friend. It was nice to visit with you and I hope we can do it on a more regular basis.
All of that talking got me to thinking about HOW MUCH I am going to miss certain people in my Vegas life. We all keep saying "oh we'll still have the phone and the internet" but it just isn't the same. Driving home from the advance screening of "Red Eye" last night(good movie) I was overlooking the city and my mind started wandering to all of the good memories I have had here. All of the good people I have met, some of the people who have been the closest to me. And I realize, Im not just leaving a city or a way of life, Im leaving a place that has become my home over the last 6 years. A sadness crept over me, then I realized....
I have many other memories to create. Many other places that will become my "home". This is merely a pitstop in this thing called life, and I'm glad to be on that ride =)

Now, if I can only make sure my ride has workouts in it on a regular basis...I'd be happy!!!!

Tomorrow is a new day, and another day to discipline myself. I just know that these 5 am workouts will curb the 1 am phone calls...haha

No comments: