Wednesday, August 10, 2005

looking up....

I'm feeeling MUCH better today. Sometimes it is hard to have faith. Sometimes u forget that u have raised your kids the right way, taught them to think for themselves and make the right choices. It's been a hard few weeks but I finally see light at the end of the tunnel. Growing into adulthood is a hard task, learning that u can't always count on those that u have always considered to be "friends" is an experience that takes u from childhood to adulthood. It's something all of us have had to learn through the course of our lives, but it doesn't make it any easier when your child goes through it. Needless to say, my son not only made the right choice to not be drug down the same path as his friends, but also made the decision to sever the friendship if it was going to continually put him in less than desirable position...
Sometimes, as hard as it is, you just have to stand back and let yr children learn for themselves. I've learned that sometimes it takes different people different things to come to the same conclusion. Just because I may have said "enough is enough" doesn't mean he has gotten to that point. We all have different thresholds of tolerance.
YAY! Problem solved, and I'm feeling a little more posative about things today. I am normally always "the glass is 1/2 full" gurl. Just alot of stuff going on at the moment.
This weekend I get to go HOME for 4 days!!! YAY! I'm so excited. I have 51 days until I move(yes I'm STILL counting!) I can't wait to be out of work and gone for the weekend. The County Fair, Piantball Tournament, and SHOPPING @ BLUE MOON!!! My favorite clothing store in the world(or at least the parts of it I have been in) Beachy, Bohemian, casual...very kewl stuff.
The beach the sand the surf...
I'm overwhelmed with homesickness...maybe this weekend will help!!

No comments: