Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Faxing, Emailing....

Calling, posting....
Getting yr resume out there can really be a pain. Now I'm recalling why I am that person who stays in the same job for 5 yrs(though I must admit I have to be happy where I work or I'm out the door) Getting all of yr information together, re-doing your resume, getting new letters of recommendation...all the fun stuff that is involved in finding a new job.

I've decided I was doing things a little bit backwards in trying to look at places when I have to figure out where I am working. The Realtor said they have 5 of the houses I am looking at available, so I have decided to FOCUS on the job hunt and cross my fingers and pray that there will still be a house available by the time I find a job. I don't really want my parents to have to co-sign because I haven't found a job at the time I sign for a rental. Gotta have the job to show u can actually pay that $2400 rent.
Luckily I have about 5 of my reps putting feelers out there for me....handing out my resume for me and basically taking al of the legwork away from me, which is WONDERFUL!
I'm starting to feel like everything is comming together. In the last few weeks I have felt SO overwhelmed!! But I have just adopted that "baby steps" mentality realizing that I can only do what I can do and that has to be one thing at a time. So, little by little I am doing everything that needs to be done. I'm well on my way to finding a job, got the resume done and out there...
Made some calls on some houses and my family is running around back home looking and snapping digital photos to email me(this works because it is allowing my kids to be an integral part of house hunting with my mom and brother) Now it is just the final steps...trying to find a second job for the next 6 weeks to help save money faster, and packing! And of course nailing down the job and house. Still alot to do, but making MUCH needed headway which actually is allowing me to sleep at night. Still stressful...but more of a productive stress!
Wish me LUCK!!!

*Update-20 minutes after faxing my resume to 4 places I got a job offer. It's not exactly what I'm looking for, 1 Dr practice, no insurance and the pay could meet my low end...but probably not the high end(WHich the woman told me I would have NO problem getting in Ventura County with my experience) So we are going to keep in touch...at least it is an option =) *

No comments: