Friday, August 26, 2005

Spammers...

Gotta love them. And people who try to post on yr blog for advertising.
I'm in a beastly mood this morning. Not really "beastly" just dead ass friggin TIRED. So what do u do when u feel like u can NEVER sleep? And upon finally falling asleep...u abruptly wake up in the wee hours of the morning unable to fall back to sleep? Such is the story of my life. I seriously feel like it is taking it's toll on me.
Starbucks is about my only salvation in the A.M. Funny when u frequent three different locations and they all know what u drink. I used to go into the Von's across the street from my work(they put in a kiosk Starbucks) because when u buy 7 drinks, yr 8th one is free. Then I realized that they keep a tally at the end of your reciept.



"Samantha..you are on your 24th freeStarbucks"

Uh....yeah....so I start calculating in my head....24 free. That means that I have bought 7 Starbucks 24 times....!!!!!

Needless to say, I stopped buying my morning Cafe at Von's. I switched locations. If they don't keep a total, then it doesn't count right? At least that's the logic in my brain, however twisted.
ha ha ha
Guess I should seriously consider buying stock in
Starbucks at least there would be some chance in getting something back for my loyality as a customer!

Back to work, more later!




Work is unusually slow today. Gives me alot of time to ponder certain things in my life.
So this blog will most likely be long, bear with me.

Today I found out that I am being sent back to my other office (see post for Aug 19th)
Seems the co-worker who couldn't STAND to work in this office(and had to be switched THIS minute to our other office) now has decided that she would indeed rather be here(could that possibly be the result of figuring out that our other office is THREE times as busy...which in turn means three times the WORK?) I have been recieving emails all week from all of my co-workers in my other office pulling their hair out because she can't keep up, she can't function in my position to the level that I can. Well of course not. I have been working at that level for FIVE years. Silly people. Needless to say, I will be back at my home office with my gurly co-workers for my last five weeks of Employment with my current company. YAY!
I also gave notice today. 30+ days. Last day here will be Sept 28th.

I have been thinking alot about people in my past.
Do u ever have those people that are in your life...and then suddenly they dissapear? Or through the course of just living life, u loose contact with people that at one time meant the world to u? In the last few months of going through life changes...moving, looking for a new job... I have really been thinking about some of these people that I truly miss. This might have something to do with the fact that two very important people in my past have recently contacted me. An old boyfriend from high school...Tom, and my best friend Sabrina. Tom and I were the best of friends through all of HS. Always close, sharing secrets...being silly, and just basically practicing being kids. Ditching, smoking Djarums in between classes...all of the fun things 16 yr olds do. Over time, we became closer and eventually ended up dating and becomming intimate when I was 17. We have always had that strange bond that is very hard to define. A closeness that u don't achieve with just anyone. We have shared many memories. We have history together and the bond of being raised in the same area and calling Ventura County "home". At some point, we broke up. I don't really remember why...I just chalk it up to the fact that we were teenagers. We remained friends from that point on. Somewhere after that(I'm not really sure when or where) we parted ways. I got married, had kids, and basically just lived my life. I often wondered what had happened to Tom. If he still was alive and kicking, if he was happy... I heard a few things here and there around town(we live in a small beach community) but we all know how "gossip" is, who knows what to believe. He eventually drifted to the back of my mind, and though I thought about him from time to time...he was basically "out of sight, out of mind".
About 6 months ago, I open my yahoo mail to find an email from Tom. He found me on

Classmates.com . We started emailing and catching up. He is now married(9 years) and has three kids of his own. It's strange how much better u feel when u just know someone is ok. He says that he has always somewhat kept tabs on me, even though we hadn't spoken in about 20 years(damn when u type that u immediatly feel OLD). He knew when I got married, he knew when I had my kids...and the subsequently when I got divorced. HE always knew I was ok. Strange how that works. Tom and I have since been renewing our friendship, and though older, we have come to realize not alot in our personalities has changed. I instantly felt that old bond rekindled. That instant connection with someone that u will always, no matter what, love and care about. I am thankful everyday that he is once again my "friend". I'm thankful to have someone in my life, that has pretty much always known me. Someone that I can open up to, talk to and share with. It's like having a new friend, though I don't have to explain anything to him. He knows my parents, and my brother. He knows most of my friends, we know the same people back home. And now, as I move back home, he is extremely jealous!!! Because he longs to be back there too. I'm glad to have my old friend back...and I'm hoping to never loose contact with him again(note to self...and to others, don't EVER change yr email addresses!!!)

All of this(along with the new friends I constantly make online) makes me very grateful to have the internet in my life. It reaches places that none of us would ever go. If u are online enough, yr name is out there, people CAN find you.
I basically logged onto
Classmates.com to check out what was going on with people that I knew way back when, and instead was found by someone to whom I was important.
I'm hoping in these modern times of blogging and emailing(as we all sit at our desks doing the aforementioned when we should be working) and the internet in general...that gone are the times of just easily "loosing track" of someone we care about. Gone are the times of "Not enough time to write a letter" (I know most of us can type almost as fast as we can
talk).
The internet has opened up a vast new world of communication. Sharing pictures with familes and loved ones, Evites to parties, family websites...
The resources on the internet are endless, and I for one am thankful everyday...for the internet and the people it has brought into my life =)
Which includes each and every person who passes through this site, and reads a lil piece of my life.
So I just wanted to say "Thank you" to everyone who is my friend, and supports me.
I love you all!

No comments: