Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The Cup that Saved the Day!


I finally got a good nights sleep. After weeks of tossing and turning I finally gave in to Tylenol PM.
I don't usually like to take sleep aids, because at the end of the day, they dont really help me sleep through the night they just help me fall asleep and then make me so damn groggy that I still wake up all night. Then I'm just too groggy to move(which means I lay in bed all night too tired to get up and go to the bathroom...which in turn STILL keeps me awake) But last night, after about a weeks worth of 1-2 hours of sleep a night, I finally gave in. And guess what? I slept all night. In bed by 10:15, and out not too long after that. I didn't wake up at all until around 7a.m.
But now comes the fun part. Upon awakening I feel like I got a goodnights sleep. I mosey my ass out of bed...and right into the shower...all is going good. After the shower it's all downhill from there. I'm SOOOO lethargic feeling that I feel like I'm sleepwalking. I feel totally unlike myself (and totally useless, I might add!) I'm usually the one that people frown at first thing in the morning, the "WHY are u ALWAYS so chipper in the morning" person. Not today. Here I sit, on my third cup of coffee(which in turn, will make it impossible to sleep tonight) wondering which is worse?? The lack of sleep? (which still leaves me feeling OK in the morning and FUNCTIONAL) or the total sleep? (which in turn makes me feel like this drugged ZOMBIE)?

COFFEE TIME!


4 comments:

FantasticAlice said...

Coffee IS what makes the world go 'round.

Cute Tink cup by the way... very much reminds me of my childhood.

Thanks for commenting on my post.

Here is what I really thought of Alexander;
http://smokingcatapiller.blogspot.com/2005/08/movie-that-sucked-ass.html#comments

Further down in my blog there is a post on the movie The Woodsman...that was good.

sammie said...

yes, coffee IS good, especially when u arent getting enough sleep.
Now, if there is a good reason to not be getting enough sleep... ;)
I'm all good with that, but sleeplessness just for the sake of
sleeplessness...
argh
I like your site, Im thinking of posting it on mine as one of my
favorites =)

The cup was from my Disneyland trip earlier this year...3 days in
the magical Kingdom with my X bf and some friends, alot of fun
and Fairies are my favorite =)

Chubby Chocolate said...

You're a cool chick. Your blog is cool. I've had to resort to a sleeping aid several times....Anyway cool site. Where did you get the free site counter from?

sammie said...

thank ya!
I don't remember. I have been reading "blogger help" alot to try and figure some things out. Just plug in "hit counter" in the search spot on the site and it will pop out a few suggestions. Or go to Google and type inthe same. Just kinda gives u an idea of how many people are passing through.
I enjoyed yr site as well, and look forward to reading more of yr adventures..or lack thereof. We all have those "quiet" moments in our lives. You just have to learn to relish them...being alone is good for the soul =)