Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Thunder Storms...

The weather forecasts thunder storms and FLASH FLOODS all week. One thing I will miss when I move from Nevada are those sudden lightening and thunder storms that last most of the night and overtake the skies. When I was a child I remember being petrified of the thunder. Hiding under my blankets, shaking everytime the thunder rattled the house. Now, my oldest son and I sit outside with our cameras trying to catch the lightning on film. Want to waste several hours? Sit around intensely trying to catch lightning...haha. It's a fun way to hang out and bond with yr kids. Needless to say, though we sat out "watching" the lightning for hours last night, neither of us was able to capture that bolt we so desperately desired. We'll have plenty of opportunity though, being as thunder storms are predicted until next Weds.
Any bets that we can do it?
One can only imagine what the weather is like here. We went from 2 weeks of 124-126 degree weather straight into rain, thunder/lightening storms...100-109 with 90% humidity. Now I know for some this is normal...But for those of us living in the desert and used to DRY DRY DRY weather, this thick fog of humidity feels like death! I'm seriously rethinking my move to Florida one day. I always thought I could handle anything weatherwise, only to recently realize what a WUSS I am in certain conditions. I've always wanted to move around once my kids are all grown up. Moving from place to place, experiencing different lifestyles, different communities. Now Im thinking I might have to avoid certain climates. A Southern California Gurl born and raised, I'm more used to the weather being between 55-85. Not much fluctuation in between. I guess maybe more travel is in the forecast, to acclimate myself to other temperatures!!!

"If you do nothing unexpected, nothing unexpected happens."




No comments: