Wednesday, September 14, 2005

So much...so little...

So much to say, so little to say. So much going on, and then nothing going on at all.
I'm almost packed. 1/2 way through the garage. You'd think I'd just TOSS everything that has been buried in there for the last year....but I can't. You see, some of the boxes just got shoved into the garage last year when I moved and have been long forgotten. Going through them is like a treat. I'm finding things I thought I had lost forever. Some clothes, some shoes...some artifacts from Burning Man. My Pink "baby" given to me by a fellow "Burner". A Pink Statue that I was supposed to take with me on some of life's adventures and then document and send photos to the person who had given her to me. I turned her over and there on the bottom is the email address to which I was supposed to correspond. I feel like a failure. Do I email these people and let them know that this pink baby layed in a box in my garage for a year or two??
Or do I take this pink baby on my new adventure home and document the journey? hahaha

Maybe I have too much time on my hands.

Everything is going according to plan. I aced the job interview and start in my new position Oct. 4th, with a sizable raise and numerous perks. YAY! I also landed the beach house that I truely wanted. About 8 houses from the water...2 story, hard wood floors. 3 bdrm + a loft. A HUGE deck right off of the Master bedroom, 2 sliding doors lead outside to fresh air and a glimpse of the ocean...
The only problem I forsee is if California actually does fall into the ocean.
Because I will be one of the first to go! But I figure...what a way to go out!

Things couldn't be any better for me than they are at the current moment.
Though one does have regrets. Leaving people that u love, a job u have been in for 5 yrs...
old memories....
Things said, things ended....people left behind on this journey. Some ties broken, some things
done that can't be mended.
There is always a loss when u move on, but new doors open and new adventures begin.
I for one am ready for the new leg of this journey...
And it's commin up on me faster than I could have ever imagined =)

3 comments:

Chubby Chocolate said...

CONGRATS to you! It's time for new friends, new adventure, new dick! :-)

Your place sounds spectacular. Do a blog on it with pictures!

FantasticAlice said...

But as soon as you move you will be forgetting all the old soon enough. What are your plans? Where are you going? What are you planning on doing? When is D date for the move? Most importantly have you found some really gorgeous beefy men to help you move?

sammie said...

Yep gurls...on to new things.
Alice, Southern California on the beach. Ventura County to be exact.
Same job, as an Optician...but making $23 an hour plus bonuses and commissions. My last day of work is Sept 28th, with the move Oct 1st =)

No gorgeous beefy men, just kids...X boyfriends and co-workers...hahaha
though I did go to Thunder From Down Under and fall in luvvvvvvvvv with Donovan Lewis!!!! Check him out. Not only is he HOT HOT HOT but he looked likehe was having SO much fun. It was quite the sendoff...though I dont normally like male strippers!!

http://www.thunderfromdownunder.com/redirect.php?pg=12&caller=cast_detail