Friday, February 17, 2006

Rain Rain Go Away....



The weather in California seems to have dramatically changed since I left.
"Feels like once upon a time...in a land far far away"...Completely different.
Last week it was in the high 80's, maybe even hotter(you have to remember the beaches in Southern California have very mild weather, and it usually fluctuates between 55-85, and 85 is practically a heat wave) On top of it being blazing hot, two days later it is FREEZING and raining! No wonder no one can get over being SICK!!

Aside from the weather, being home is great! Being 5 minutes from my parents and my brother and his fiance is wonderful. I've seen my brother practically every day since I got back and I feel like we are kids again. We've always been close, but I feel like is a totally new experience. In all honesty I can't even imagine not living close to him again. Wierd how time changes things. I also have the feeling that I will never live far from the water again, regardless of where I live. I have grown up my entire life near the beach, never more than a 1/8th of a mile from the water. My nights were filled being lulled to sleep by the sound of the figuring. Now I'm back on my turf, living on Silver Strand Beach and loving every moment of it. Now the foghorns are alot closer than they used to be, they are at the end of my street...and my yard has sand in it =)
I have grown up my entire life on this beach. Alot of my "firsts" in life and life experiences have happened on this beach. It's a beautiful place. The Jetty...the Ship, all of the little resturants. It's like its own little community. There is only one 2 lane road and that is the only way on/off the beach.
The VERY best part of living in my own little haven is the view I have to and from work. The view as I drive onto my beach is amazing, anytime of day, any type of weather...and it's 2 seconds from my front door. I thought I'd share some of what I see on my drive home with some of u that might not have the opportunity to see the sun setting over the Pacific Ocean =)
It's the most beautiful place I have ever seen a sunset, and it happens every night!

Enjoy.

No comments: