Monday, February 20, 2006

Hurray For 2006!

I turn 38 today. It's funny, I'm never one of those people who feels older. Now don't get me wrong, I have my days where it hurts to get ot of bed and I definatly feel the old age kicking in...I just mean in general. Most people, upon meeting me think I'm still in my 20's & and in all honesty I still feel like I am. In fact yesterday when I went into a mini mart to buy cigarettes for a friend I GOT CARDED!!! Can you believe THAT?? COme on, I SERIOUSLY don't look 18!!! hahaha Anyway, I've never worried about a birthday, never stressed getting older, never wished I was younger and have yet to have a birthday that I was "looming" over me. Alot of my girlfriends, most of them actually, always worry about their age. 25 is the first milestone, then 30, and then somehow the next "worry age" seems to be 40. What happens to those 10 yrs in between?? ha ha. I've always found the "mid life crisis" thing funny too. We all age, it's a fact of life...just look around you, everyone is doin' it.
So this birthday, is pretty much like the rest. Only it is so much different. SO much better.
Ya see...I have just come out of one of the worst years of my life.
Literally.
And anyone with kids will understand this statement at some point in the their lives.
Since my move, everything feels new. Everything is in place, and going just as it should. The sun is always shining and the glass is always 1/2 full. I vowed this would be a year to let by-gones be by-gones. To make amends, to renew friendships & to make sure and nuture relationships with everyone I love, make posative changes, work out more, actually get my Real Estate Lic, go back to school...and generally just give myself permission to do the things that feel good. Live everyday to the fullest, and achieve all that I desire in my life. And so far, it is working fabulously well.
I've been spending alot of quality time with my 87 year old Gram. She has macular degeneration, and is legally blind. She can see, just not details. So I;ve been painting her nails, taking her shopping in Santa Barbara, walking on the beach. It's so nice to be home and near the people that I love the most. I will never take that for granted again.

So to sum it up, I think this is one of the BEST Birthday's I've had. Not only is everything well in life, but I'm back in Vegas hangin on the strip and with all of my friends for 5 days!! Woooo Hooooo!! So nice to be back as a tourist as opposed to a resident =) Im ready to have sum funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!


Peace out, and have a nice weekend!!

No comments: