Monday, July 18, 2005

Mini Vacations....

A few days to oneself is always an invaluable thing. I'm a true believer in "mini vacations". Now I'm not talking about a RITZI weekend off gallivanting in some pricey hotel, or taking off in a personal jet to some exotic locale. I'm talking about taking a personal break from life and it's responsibilities. I'm not high maintenance enough(or wealthy enough) for the afore mentioned. But I DO believe that taking a much needed break from time to time to just relax and be yrself, without any interference from this thing we call "LIFE", is a necessity.

I have two people here in Vegas that I am closest to. Jason & Jenn.(My x-boyfriend Mike as well...but he is irrelevant in this instance =) Now I have known Jason for about 3-4 yrs. Jenn about 2-3. We are the Three Muskateers. We do everything together (Jenn and Jason started dating about three months ago...) So imagine my delight when Jason calls me mid-afternoon on Friday(whilst I am dealing with NUTTY patients) and says...."Change in plans...we aren't staying at my house this weekend...We're housesitting my moms house."
Now...u have to understand his moms lifestyle. She is the "Head of surveillance"
for Wynn Resorts. She recently just came back from China, opening up a new resort for Mr. Wynn there. She is his "wingman" and it pays off....he flies her around in his personal private jet. So....Needless to say, staying at her house is the equivalent of a high end pricey vacation....even down to the maids cleaning the 3,000 sq foot house as we bask in the sun by the pool sipping on our mixed drinks. It was a much needed break from the real world...and it was spent relaxing with two of the people closest to me, and it was FABULOUS!!!! Jason ended up havng to work most of the weekend, so it was actually like a girls spa weekend. Jenn and I went to the Suncoast(a casion) for something called a "Gurls Day Out" a convention totally geared at pampering women. Think Firefighters spritzing perfume on you as u walked by...chocolate fountains all over with an abundance of Strawberries laying around for your dipping pleasure =). As we walked around in our purple feather boas(a gift for being one of the first 750 women to attend) we thought... "WOW, now isn't this the life." Needless to say, thousands of women in one spot trying to cut into line at the same moment to dip their strawberry into the flowing chocolate got old really quickly and we only stayed for about an hour....but that was ok because it allowed me to put my bathing suit on and lounge by the pool reading a book Jasons mom had on her bathroom shelf. "Running with Scissors" is a touching(and rather crazy) memior of Augustine Burroughs. Anyone who thinks that they have had a hard or confusing(or abusive) life ought to read this book as I did. It's been a very long time since I have had the time to just sit around and read an ENTIRE book in one weekend. Now, at lunch I'm off to buy not only the book that I read this weekend...but also the 2 that follow....I'm in a reading mood this summer. Time to get back to basics =)
More later...

1 comment:

sammie said...

So where does one email u where u will get it in a timely manner and u will email her back? I posted a comment(A LONG winded one) frrom one of yr rants this weekend...
And I emailed u back at yr work email..but so far, nothing yet =(